Saturday 14 May 2011

By the light of the silvery moon




I must confess I am feeling a little daunted at this moment

Tonight I will be walking 26.2 miles around London
(with 15,000 other participants I should add!)

Yes, the MOONWALK!

We start here and slowly wend our way around London and all in a decorated bra!

This idea struck horror in me initially but now that I have feathered "it" within an inch of "it's" life I have grown quite fond of it, it has taken on a personality of it's own and now I look at "Tweet" as though she were another member of the Lane menagerie.

Look out for "Tweet" and I as we stride along Embankment!

A great motivation for me is to see London at night.
Cities have wonderful personalities and it is amazing to see them in the relative calm of the early morning hours.

I know that this will be a very welcome sight at the end of what I hope will be a 6 hour walk!


And the promise of a hug and a proud glint in the eye from Mr.Lane will spur me on!

Good luck to everyone taking part
See you tonight
xXx

POST SCRIPT

(After the event)

YES! I DID IT!

I actually stayed awake all night....oh and walked 26.2 hours in 6.15 hrs!

Thank you so very much for all your good wishes, they helped me plough on through the wee small hours ~ freezing cold in my feather clad bra!

Here I am at the Moonwalk Village before we set off, you can tell by the tip of my nose I was already nithered at this point!




Against all my principles of good taste, here I am sporting "Tweet"

You can tell I really wish I wasn't in this picture by my fixed smile and psychotic stare!!!


I am still a little shell-shocked from the effort I think!

xXx

23 comments:

  1. Welldone you for taking part in such a great cause. It'll certainly be an experience you'll never forget. Am trying to picture your feathery concoction!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with THE walk :)

    Some friends did it several years ago and they said it was an amazing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous14 May, 2011

    Good luck. I hope you will all have a wonderful time and that the weather will hold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck :) my sister did it last year, she was exausted! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck my dear - not that you need it.....it will be fabulous and to see London all lit up and glittering (at night) will be something special it itself - I'm sure.

    Big hugs from here - in advance.

    Nina xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see the feathered concoction!!
    sounds amazing!
    (tell the other penelope the box of goodies is at the shop ready for her to pick up, the shop girls didn't know about it, my bad!)
    pxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck & have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck! Hope you have a good pair of shoes!!

    My sister did it three years ago and had a great time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a fabulous thing you're doing, three cheers for you.

    Do hope it goes well.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck - I have 4 friends (sisters) taking part, too - don't forget to carbo-load and take lots of cake to fortify you on the way.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck tonight, hope all goes well for you and the other walkers. I imagine it will be a memorable experience.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You won't see this before you start, in fact I bet you'll be limbering up right now. I do hope it goes well and your little feet aren't too sore tomorrow! Well done you for joining in such a great cause!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck and ENJOY!!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, you can read about on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWOWOWOW, I'm proud of you girl!

    Let us all know how it went.

    All joys,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kay Guest15 May, 2011

    Goodness gracious, good luck to you. What a wonderful thing to be involved with... I hope the weather will be good for all of you!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will have finished now - no doubt tired but also full of so many feelings.
    Wonderful!
    I do hope we're going to see "tweet" at some time.

    Hugs
    Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your moonwalk went well and your feet are not too sore.I expect you are sleeping it off this morning! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...what a great idea!!!!! I want to moonwalk too. Hugs my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous16 May, 2011

    Hope the walk went well ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations and well done you! I did the Race for Life last year and found the whole atmosphere amazing and very moving. Can't do it this year but will be back there next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for contacting me! I love to hear from you it makes me smile x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.