Friday 28 October 2011

Rosy russet morn

  When I got up at cockcrow this morning, I stood at the top of the stairs and gazed in sleepy amazement at the rose tinted sunrise. The air was suffused with pink particles of light - 
I felt as though I were wearing rose coloured spectacles.
I grabbed my camera and started shooting through the window in my desperation to capture the rosy sheen.
I jabbered all about it over breakfast while Mr. Lane tried to concentrate on the latest news about the European debt crisis. 
When I got dressed I decided to camouflage myself without meaning to! 
I give you proof! 
Mr.Lane obliged with the following incriminating shots of me blending in with Autumns finest tawny pinks and cinnamon swirls. 
Now I must confess that I am not a great dried flower exponent but nonetheless I find myself strangely drawn to their crisp tawny faded edged beauty - it's that letting go of summer moment. I love to see seed pods in the frost and snow, especially the umbellifers - cow parsley and yarrow. I am cutting hydrangeas to dry for Christmas, loving the myriad soft colours blended on their heads.
Planning wreaths and garlands, wondering about cutting up leaves from books like funky junky art
 
 And so yes, as usual I am looking at the world through my rose colored specs and am more than happy with the view! I really must snap out of this flowery reverie and apply myself to choosing curtain fabric! I think I know what colour palette I might be in!
Still looking through these beauties I thought I would leave you with this gorgeous shot of the London Eye
   
 
My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your kind comments on the stitching, I am a little bowled over and so very grateful that you took the time to stop and tell me your thoughts, thank you x
 Have a lovely weekend wont you?
Sarah xXx

13 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    so weirdly humid here, wish i was in a nice autumny place
    pxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely inspiring autumnal post!The morning light looked beautiful.
    I too love dried hydrangea heads, and the colours are still changing on the ones i havent yet cut from my bushes.
    Thanks for sharing all these lovely pics!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! We are just off for a walk in the woods with Bella,taking my camera to capture the beautiful Autumn colours.Have a lovely weekend. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rosy view! Nice shot of the London Eye, and how perfectly appropriate for this post. EYE LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this light - and it's sometimes hard to capture it, but you've done so very well! (what a shame we can't bottle it for january!)
    Thanks for entering the fun over at mine - nice to hear from you!
    (also nice to see a picture of you - we all love those!)
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your autumnal photos and the idea of you growing amongst the trees!

    Have a good weekend!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful to have a rosy day!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your blog! It's lovely, all your photographs are so beautiful! Loved the post 'All Stitched Up'!

    I look forward to the next one!

    Kate x
    www.oysterbridgeco.blogspot.com
    p.s Happy to see that you have a blog to Rosehip, it's my parent's business!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings SJDTL... we are certainly being treated to a stunning palette of Autumn colours this year. Gazing out of my not quite so rural windows (still not moved.. boo) the scene across Bath is peppered with splashes of bronze, gold and magenta.. Beautiful!
    It is lovely to see you embrace the country lifestyle.. nature is blooming wonderful!

    Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from Australia. I love your blog
    Jaybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow we haven't had such fabulous colours up here, so your beautiful pictures make up for this perfectly.
    Have a super week xx
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful post today my friend. Your photos are always the best...hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty you look in your rosy autumnal colours!
    A neighbour has a hydrangea in her front garden. I often think about going out at night and snipping a few blooms off of it!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for contacting me! I love to hear from you it makes me smile x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.